
I am currently at the FAME Conference in Orlando and I am just settling in for a good night's rest. I learned a great deal about TV production and the new 2009 iMovie, which is AWESOME! I can't wait to begin using this great new resource. This evening I met Margaret Peterson Haddix the author of Found one of our SSYRA books for 2009-2010. This is my second time meeting her in person. I have heard her speak about her writing and how she puts books together. All of her books have come from one dream or another. This is so cool! She is also left handed which is also totally awesome. Her favorite saying is "Happy reading!", which is mine too and it just makes me so happy to see how others feel the same way I do about reading.
Tonight I also meet Stephanie Tolan who is the author of Surviving the Applewhites. This is one of my favorite books, which my students from Deltona Middle will remember having it read to them. She signed her latest book for primary students, Wishworks, INC. You can find a book talk and review at her website: http://www.stephanietolan.com/ . I also met Roland Smith who is the author of I.Q., Crypid Hunters, and Zach's Lie. He has been a SSYRA award winner and is known for speaking to students about writing. His wife, Marie Smith was also present, who is the author of five alphabet books such as W is for Waves. She and her husband write together. So far I am having a ball and learning oodles here at the conference. Looking forward to today (now that it is 1:20am!).
No comments:
Post a Comment